Meditation is a valuable spiritual practice that involves relaxing the body, mind and spirit, moving us beyond stress-inducing thoughts and emotional upsets (monkey-mind!) to a place of calm in present moment awareness.
The benefits of a regular practice of meditation:
- Releases tension in the body and mind.
- Promotes well-being and self-awareness.
- Restores balance in daily living.
- Cultivates a spirituality of presence and joy
- Find a comfortable place/space away from distractions…
- Rest in a comfortable position, preferably lying on your back in corpse pose
- Gently close your eyes
- Focus on your breath, inhaling and exhaling…
- Make your sacred intention that for this time you will BE present, not doing anything!