Support the next generation of creative leaders who are shaping a brighter future for our world.
Thanks to the generosity of our community, Carondelet provides 41% of students with scholarships and financial aid support. Our priority is to make sure every family, regardless of financial circumstances, has access to quality education and that aspiring young women develop the skills, knowledge, and confidence to advance transformative change.
In these times of economic uncertainty, need is greater than ever for many students.
Creating an endowment provides critical support for students who otherwise could not attend Carondelet. Your gift makes a direct impact, enriching students’ learning experiences and inspiring them to make powerful contributions to society.
Named Annual Tuition Assistance Funds
Annual tuition assistance funds provide immediate support to students with the most pressing needs in a given year. These funds, spent down each year, are essential for continuing and prospective students who urgently need financial aid in order to enroll and thrive at Carondelet.
- Gifts of $5,000+ are eligible to be named and awarded in full for the academic year.
- The fund is viable for as long as annual contributions are made (multi-year pledges are encouraged) and need not be gifted consecutively to remain active.
- The tuition assistance fund can be named in honor of an individual, family, organization, or even a faculty member, pending approval by school leadership.
- Unrestricted tuition assistance gifts enable Carondelet to provide aid to as many deserving students as possible.
- Awarding is administered by Carondelet based on financial and merit qualifications.
- Donors are recognized annually on campus and in Many the Gifts.
Named Endowed Tuition Assistance Funds and Scholarships
Endowed funds create a legacy that will exist in perpetuity to help generations of talented students. Endowed scholarships and tuition assistance funds can be created through a variety of giving options, either during your lifetime or at the time of your passing. During your lifetime, you can fund an endowment with cash, securities, real estate, or a life-income gift. You can also create an endowed scholarship through a will/living trust bequest or via a retirement plan/insurance policy beneficiary designation.
- A gift of at least $50,000 establishes a named tuition assistance fund that is invested in its entirety and grants awards from interest earned. Donors have five years to reach the minimum fund balance of $50,000 to begin awarding aid.
- The fund can be named in honor of an individual, family, organization, or even a faculty member, pending approval by school leadership.
- Donors are recognized on campus and in Many the Gifts, and receive an annual endowment report on fund performance and aid awarding, detailing the impact of their gifts.
Carondelet is a wellspring of talent and personal excellence in the East Bay Area. Tuition assistance enables us to bring the brightest students from around the region to learn, serve, and contribute to the benefit of our community and world.
Financial aid support has a demonstrated impact on student retention, academic achievement, and college and career success. Carondelet graduates are trained to cultivate intellectual curiosity, risk-taking, collaboration, innovation, compassion, and integrity, and they are highly sought after by colleges and into their professional experience.
Support that Changes Lives
Why create a scholarship?
Vituity Cares is a charitable foundation focused on improving the health of underserved communities in the United States. The newly-created Carondelet scholarship will provide $4,000 per year to a student in who need who demonstrates interest in the healthcare professions. Dr. Theo Koury P’18, Vice President of Vituity Cares Foundation, believes that partnership with Carondelet to identify passion and talent—and seed it with financial support—is a key piece to addressing generational and comprehensive change in the healthcare space.