Returning after Isolation/Quarantine
Students that are positive or who have tested positive, please email the attendance office, VP Reinwald, and Dean Caitlin Main.
Students who have tested positive can return to school as long as symptoms are improving and there has been no fever without the use of fever-reducing medicine for 24 hours. Everyone who is returning to school should wear a mask on days 6-10.
Students needing to test to return to school are encouraged to bring their own, unopened rapid tests to the Main office and the test will be administered by a Carondelet admin.
Contra Costa Health Protocols
- New COVID protocols have been released by Contra Costa Health as of March 14, 2023. Since Governor Newsom ended the state of emergency order, protocols in terms of return to school have been adjusted. Here are the new protocols:
- If a student or employee is experiencing symptoms with or without a positive test, they should stay home until feeling better.
- When a student or employee tests positive for COVID, they should isolate at home for 5 days (day 0 is the first day of symptoms or the date of the positive test).
- Report illness and absence: students will reach out to Attendance. Employees will reach out to the Director of Human Resources and their supervisor.
- A negative test after day 5 is no longer required to return to school as long as symptoms are improving and there has been no fever without the use of fever-reducing medicine for 24 hours.
- Everyone who is returning to school should wear a mask on days 6-10.