When are able to return to campus, we will begin daily symptom monitoring via a smartphone or school-issued iPad app to ensure that all students and staff members are clear to access campus. Read more about our health screening app, CHS Prescreen.
Safety protocols that are planned and underway include:
- Desks arranged for adequate social distancing in each classroom and with plastic protective screens for teacher desks.
- Additional hand sanitizer stations throughout campus and cleaning products in every classroom.
- Students and faculty requirements to wear masks. (A summer student intern team at the Jean Hofmann Center for Innovation is creating plastic face shields for faculty use.)
- Specific entry and exit points on campus to enforce social distancing.
- Ability to take temperatures of faculty, staff, and students as necessary.
- Marked pathways in hallways and waiting points for hydration stations and restrooms, along with additional supervision, to ensure social distancing during breaks and passing periods.
- Creating more outdoor space seating on balconies, in the amphitheater area, and outside the Jean Hofmann Center for Innovation.
- Exploring additional seating opportunities under the parking garage, under tents behind the Chapel, and use of the Convent Courtyard as faculty workspace.
- Additional internet access points behind the Back 40 classrooms for increased outdoor connectivity.
- Exploring the creation of additional classroom space in the library, music room, and Garaventa for more distanced seating.
- Convert the school store to an isolated sick room for anyone showing symptoms of illness.
- Preparation for specific contact tracing protocols, in conjunction with Contra Costa Health Services, with specified faculty and staff already training in this area.