The Carondelet/De La Salle Homecoming Dance will be held on Saturday, September 21st. Homecoming is an exciting tradition that welcomes all of our students back to campus and kicks off the fall sports seasons on a fun note!
In an effort to reduce the size of the dance and to match age-appropriate groups, Carondelet and De La Salle have agreed to split the dance into two separate dances.
The dance for Freshmen and Sophomores will be hosted at Carondelet in the Garaventa Center from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. The dance for Juniors and Seniors will be hosted on the De La Salle campus from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. in the Quad. Please note that only Freshmen and Sophomores (including guests) can attend the Carondelet dance, and only Juniors and Seniors (including guests) can attend the De La Salle dance. If your daughter has a special circumstance, please see Ms. Duffey.
This is a formal dance and formal attire is expected. The dance times have also been staggered to help with the flow of traffic. Please be sure to pick up your child no later than the end of each dance. We appreciate your partnership and understanding of our new approach.
Some important reminders for students and parents/guardians:
- Dance tickets are $10 each. Students will purchase tickets from the school that is hosting their grade-level dance. Tickets are on sale now!
- Carondelet students are expected to dress according to our Student Handbook for all school-sponsored activities. If a student chooses to wear a dress, then mid-thigh or longer dresses with straps are expected. Carefully review the approved attire and dress information posted on Schoology, or contact Ms. Duffey before the dance if you have questions about what is acceptable.
- All students must present their current 2019-2020 student ID card in order to be admitted to the dance. We will not make any exceptions. If you have lost your student ID, please email Ms. Duffey before Saturday, September 21st so that you are not turned away at the door.
- Each person must have ONE (1) ticket for themselves and ONE (1) ticket for a guest if they are bringing one. Each student may only bring one guest. A guest pass is ONLY needed for guests coming from schools outside of Carondelet and De La Salle. Our students are responsible for the conduct and actions of their guests.
- Guests must be approved via the guest pass application. The guest pass application window has closed.
- Students will be admitted to the dance up to 60 minutes after the start. Since this dance is 3 hours in duration, students may leave no earlier than 30 minutes before the end of the dance. Parents/guardians must pick up their daughters immediately after this and all dances.
- Students can enter the Frosh/Soph dance between 6:30 and 7:30 p.m. They may leave the dance beginning at 9:00 p.m.
- Students will be permitted to enter the Junior/Senior dance between 7:00 and 8:00 p.m. They may leave the dance beginning at 9:30 p.m.
- All students must be completely off school property by 10:30 p.m., no exceptions.
- Students who dance/behave in a fashion that is inconsistent with the standards of Carondelet High School may be approached by a chaperone and potentially directed to speak with Ms. Duffey regarding consequences. The second occurrence will result in that student being removed from the dance and the parent/guardian will be notified to pick up their daughter.
- The Carondelet and De La Salle campuses and all school-sponsored activities are drug- and alcohol-free. Any student found to be in possession of illegal substances, objects, and/or paraphernalia related to the use of, or production of, illegal substances may face disciplinary action. If a student is suspected to be in possession of, be involved in the sale or exchange of, or under the influence of controlled substances, such as illegal drugs, alcohol, tobacco, or mind-altering substances, they may be questioned. The School reserves the right to conduct random and specific drug and alcohol testing at any and all school events.
- All bags are subject to search. In addition, random breathalyzers will be utilized at each dance.
Thank you for your cooperation in helping to make Carondelet and De La Salle dances and events an enjoyable and memorable evening for all students!