Mission & Vision
Carondelet High School inspires excellence by preparing young women to live with heart, faith and courage in the Catholic tradition and spirit of the Sisters of St. Joseph.
A Carondelet graduate is empowered by her Catholic, college-preparatory education and is known as a woman who responds to the needs of the times and makes a positive difference.
Integral Student Outcomes
A Carondelet Graduate is:
A woman of heart who…
- Recognizes her self-worth as a creation of God
- Strives to protect the dignity of all people and is open and responsive to diverse perspectives
- Develops positive, respectful social relationships and strives to achieve balance in her life by making healthy lifestyle choices
A woman of faith who…
- Grows her faith and spirituality reflective of Catholic values and the CSJ mission
- Recognizes God’s presence in creation and works toward building a more sustainable world
- Understand the needs of others and serves the dear neighbor without distinction
A woman of courage who…
- Discovers and shares her unique gifts to make a positive impact in her community
- Effectively listens and communicates to solve problems collaboratively
- Advocates for the empowerment of women and a more socially just world
A woman of excellence who…
- Is curious, creative, and seeks to pursue intellectual passions throughout her life
- Is a critical thinker who takes responsibility for her learning and seeks connections with the outside world
- Understands and uses technology to problem solve, explore, learn, inspire, and collaborate
A Renewed Mission
In September 2014, as part of Carondelet's strategic planning process, Carondelet's Leadership Team and Board of Directors assembled a group to examine how to better integrate Carondelet's mission into everything we do. This group, comprised of Sisters, board members and faculty and staff, quickly realized that in order for our mission to come to life and be actionable, it would first need to be refreshed to be simplified and easier to remember. Thus, the project of mission integration took a bit of a different path, starting not at integration but instead by looking at reworking the language in the mission itself. The group's aim was to reinforce the original spirit of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet while making the mission clear, actionable and easy to remember, so that it could provide direction for all we do as we take our school forward.
After much prayerful reflection and months of work to get the language and feel "just right," the group presented the renewed mission to the Board and to the Sisters of the L.A. Province for final approval - which was given at the end of March 2015.