Frosh Day of Service Reminders
Wednesday, October 11 is the 4th annual Frosh Day of Service. This is a special day when the entire freshman class engages in the Carondelet tradition of "serving our dear neighbor". Our Carondelet students are known for their generous service to the wider community and this day provides an opportunity to experience direct service at a variety of agencies throughout Contra Costa, Solano and Alameda Counties. Students are also supported in their reflections and asked to imagine how they will continue to serve in the community going forward.
Please note that this is an integral part of our curriculum and is not optional for any student. We have planned for and expect full participation of all 9th grade students on this very important day.
Every student received a permission/emergency form last week which was due on Monday, Oct. 2. If your student hasn't done so already, please ensure they turn in the form by the end of school on Friday, October 6. A link to the permission slip and site-specific release forms and can be found here.
- Frosh Day of Service is from 8:05 am - 1:45 pm. Attendance will be taken at the beginning of the day at Carondelet's campus.
- All freshman students will report to the Inner Court as soon as they arrive on campus so that the check-in and attendance process goes smoothly.
Every student needs to do the following:
- eat a hearty breakfast
- bring a reusable water bottle (labeled with their name)
- bring a hearty, healthy, low-waste lunch
- wear jeans and a Carondelet shirt, t-shirt, or sweatshirt
- wear comfortable shoes (no open-toe shoes for safety reasons)
- After a morning welcome and prayer, all students will board buses and ride to their community service sites. Each bus and community service site will have peer counselors (senior students) and faculty chaperones to supervise and assist while on-site.
- Students will eat lunch and reflect on their experience together in a structured format on-site.
All students will be dismissed at 1:45 pm.
- Note that the Cross Country team will be dismissed by 1:15 pm
If you have any questions, please contact Edie Payne with Campus Ministry at email@example.com or 925.686.5353 x189.