Alpha is an overnight retreat for the entire Frosh class that welcomes students into the Carondelet Sisterhood and CSJ tradition. Students are introduced to the idea of becoming women of Faith, Heart and Courage during their years at Carondelet, are given the opportunity to begin new friendships and develop a sense of community and belonging.
Friday, Sept. 15th 3:00 pm – Saturday, Sept. 16th 11:00 am
Carondelet High School – all students and teachers will sleep in the Inner Court!
What to bring:
Toothbrush and other basic toiletries
Yoga mat or thin camping mat to sleep on (No air mattresses!)
Refillable water bottle
Special Dress Code for Freshman ONLY:
Because this is a very special day for the frosh class, and since we have time constraints that won't allow them to change out of uniform, Frosh students ONLY may wear dark-colored yoga pants to school on Friday with a Carondelet t-shirt. Regular school uniform shoes must be worn (sneakers, athletic shoes or flats).
Instructions for the Day:
- Friday morning: all frosh bring overnight belongings to the Garaventa for storage
- Friday after 7th: frosh go directly to the Garaventa for a snack and to pick belongings, then proceed to the "Check In Doors" of the Academic Building (Alpha student and adult leaders will guide students)
- Students are asked to put cell phones in backpacks after 7th period. They will not be using cell phones during the retreat.
- For emergencies, parents can call the school (925)686-5353 ext. 189(all calls will forward to Ms. Payne's cell phone for the duration of the retreat).
- Retreat Dismissal is Sat.at 11 am. The gate will be open for parents to start entering the parking lot by 10:45 am. Students will meet parents outside near the drop-off/pick up area used for the regular school day. Parents will not be entering the building for pick-up.